The Andalusia regional government (Junta de Andalucia) has introduced an increase on the Property Transfer Tax (ITP) and Stamp Duty (AJD), whish will be applied from January 1st 2012.
Transfer Tax for resale property purchases will now be calculated according to the following rates:
- Any amount up to 400.000€ – 8% Transfer Tax
- Any amount between 400.000€ and 700.000€ – 9% Transfer Tax
- Any amount in excess of 700.000€ – 10% Transfer Tax
Transfer Tax applicable for a private parking space, when purchased as an independent property, will be based on the following rates:
- Any amount up to 30.000€ – 8% Transfer Tax
- Any amount between 30.000€ and 50.000€ – 9% Transfer Tax
- Any amount in excess of 50.000€ – 10% Transfer Tax
Please note that the Property Transfer Tax is not based on the property purchase price, but on the minimum fiscal value, which is regulated by the Junta de Andalucia. Should you have any query about this value, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Stamp Duty has also been increased from 1% to 1.2% and applies to brand new property purchases and mortgages, where Transfer Tax does not apply.
These taxes apply only for properties located within the region of Andalusia. For other areas, please do not hesitate to contact to me.